World of Warcraft’s 7.3 update is now available on the game’s PTR
World of Warcraft’s 7.3 game update will be quite a big deal for fans of both the MMO’s gameplay and story since it will take players to the Draenei homeworld of Argus. The update is now live on World of Warcraft’s public test realm, which means testers can get a sneak peek of what’s in store and help make sure it is ready for primetime.
According to Blizzard’s PTR notes for the 7.3 update, Argus will feel like a fittingly alien place to explore:
"Most (but not all) of the new stuff in 7.3 takes place on Argus—and as you might expect, this is hostile territory. Demons patrol every crag of Argus’s shattered surface, and sometimes it seems as if the planet itself is out to get you. This will be a very story-driven update, but we’re also designing areas with sandbox elements intended to be enjoyed even after you complete the main quest, with gameplay and challenges on the planet’s surface reminiscent of past endgame areas such as the Molten Front, the Isle of Thunder, and the Timeless Isle."
A brief bullet list of features that will be included in the 7.3 update confirm that there will be something for pretty much every type of player:
- Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
- New World Quests
- Professions updates, including epic gems
- The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
- New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
- New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
- Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds
- Several other improvements and updates to existing features
A release date for the 7.3 update hasn’t yet been announced, but the fact that it’s live on the PTR means that it should be coming to World of Warcraft’s live servers within the next month or so.