Guild Wars 2’s Wintersday event returns on December 12
ArenaNet has announced that Guild Wars 2’s annual Christmas-themed Wintersday event will be returning once again this year, bringing with it a whole bunch of new holiday activities and themed rewards.
This year’s Wintersday event will begin next Tuesday, December 12, and will last for quite a while, concluding on Tuesday, January 2. In case you need a refresher course on what new events and activities the Wintersday event comes with, ArenaNet was nice enough to share that information via a press release:
- The Winter Wonderland jumping puzzle
- Toypocalypse: Band together with other players to defend gift-bearing dolyaks against an onslaught of malfunctioning toys
- Tixx’s Infinirarium: Enter and help the jolly Toymaker Tixx prepare to share the wonder of Wintersday with all of Tyria
- Bell Choir: Take center stage and make beautiful music to celebrate the season
- Snowball Mayhem: Gather as many gifts as possible in this PvP snowball fight
Participating in all of the above events will allow players to earn special holiday-themed rewards, and ArenaNet confirmed that the rewards on offer this year will include both prized items from past Wintersday iterations as well as entirely new selections which are exclusive to the 2017 version of the event.