Fallout 4 PS4 Far Harbor issues will require a re-download to fix
In the wake of an overwhelming number of reports pointing to severe performance issues for the PlayStation 4 version of Fallout 4’s Far Harbor DLC expansion, Bethesda has finally come up with a fix which will require deleting and re-downloading the expansion.
According to a new post on Bethesda’s forums, an updated version of Far Harbor on PlayStation 4 has been released, but accessing it will require users to first delete their currently installed version of Far Harbor and re-download it from their downloads page. The post provides a handy list of instructions to go about this for users who may not know how to re-download previously purchased items:
- Confirm Fallout 4 is not running. Highlight Fallout 4 in your PS4 dashboard, press OPTIONS, and select CLOSE APPLICATION to ensure Fallout 4 is not running minimized.
- Select RELATED ITEMS. You’ll find this under the Fallout 4 icon in the PS4 dashboard.
- Select MY ADD-ONS.
- Navigate to the DOWNLOAD ARROW next to Far Harbor and select it.
- You should see a notice that Far Harbor has been added to Downloads.
- Wait for the downloadable content to finish downloading and installing before starting Fallout 4.
The post also says that, if a player is still experiencing performance issues after following the above instructions, deleting the entire Fallout 4 application (and all DLC) and then reinstalling it could help as well.