Fallout 4’s Survival Mode is still being tweaked
The upcoming revamp to Fallout 4’s Survival Mode difficulty is still being fine-tuned, thanks in part to the recent PC beta which launched last week.
Bethesda has confirmed the latest series of fixes and tweaks which have been made to the Survival Mode revamp, which will eventually be released for both the PC and console versions of Fallout 4 as a free update. The new tweaks are as follows:
- Thirst, hunger, sleep and disease icons will change color based on status
Tweaks and Fixes
- Less food and drink are required to maintain proper sustenance
- Carry capacity lowered
- Sleep cycle has been lowered from 24 hours to 14 hour days
- Reduced chances of getting a disease
- Fusion cores weigh more
- Nuka Cola Quantums no longer cancel out caffeine effect from Nuka Cola and Nuka Cola Cherry
- Fixed occasional issue with becoming parched or peckish when thirst or hunger are actually satisfied
- Fixed issue where Adrenaline effect would incorrectly persist after changing difficulty level
- When companion is down, a quest target will appear on them
A release date for the Survival Mode revamp hasn’t yet been revealed, but Fallout 4 players do have the second official DLC pack, Wasteland Workshop, to look forward to since it releases next week.