Destiny 2 now has a free trial version
Tomorrow will see the release of Destiny 2’s first major expansion, Curse of Osiris, and if the expansion’s release has you itching to give the core game a try, but you’re a little strapped for cash, developer Bungie has implemented a free trial version of Destiny 2 which allows prospective buyers to sample a decent portion of the early game.
According to a press release from publisher Activision, Destiny 2’s free trial version is now available for all platforms (PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One). Those who download the trial version can play Destiny 2 within the following parameters:
- Full access to all early-game missions and adventures for the European Dead Zone and the moon Titan.
- Access to the Quickplay playlist for Crucible PvP
- Access to the Farm social space
- The ability to join a clan and earn clan XP
- The ability to level a character up to level 7
If a trial player decided to upgrade to the full version of Destiny 2, they’ll retain any progress they made during the trial, allowing them to pick up right where they left off. The trial is available indefinitely (Bungie released a similar trial experience for the original Destiny) so don’t fret if you can’t try it out for yourself right away.