Blizzard teases 2018 additions for Overwatch
Blizzard has released a new developer update video for Overwatch which both looks back on how the game was improved in 2017 and how the studio will continue to improve it in 2018.
In the ‘Happy New Year’ video (which you can watch below), Overwatch game director Jeff Kaplan starts out by discussing the new content that was added to the game throughout 2017, content which included three new heroes, several new maps, new animated short films, and new game modes. After that, Kaplan teases some of the new content additions that Overwatch players can look forward to in 2018, additions which include the following:
- At least two new heroes, one of whom should be ready for release relatively soon, and another who is in the early concept stages of development.
- Two new character skin collections: Overwatch League skins and Blizzard franchise skins.
- The previously released ‘BlizzardWorld’ map along with additional new maps throughout the year.
- The return of the Lunar New Year event, this time with a focus on the Year of the Dog.
- An expanded version of last year’s Uprising co-op event.
- More story content
Kaplan noted that all of the above is just a small portion of what Blizzard has planned for Overwatch in 2018, but he wanted to make sure he didn’t reveal too much too quickly. Be sure to give the full video a watch if you plan on playing a lot of Overwatch throughout the New Year.